Infants 6 weeks to 12 months
Our first priority is to get to know you and your child as individuals. The infant program uses on-demand scheduling to assure that each child's specific needs are met. The staff's gentle, reassuring voices help establish a "home-away-from-home" for your little one, filled with loving care.
Your Infant can expect:
* Basic trust in the child to be an initiiator, explorer, and a self-learner.
* An environment that is physically safe, cognitively challenging, and emotionally nurturing.
* Time for uninterrupted play and freedom to explore.
* Involvement of the child in all caregiver activities to allow the child to be an active participant.
* Sensitive observation of the child to meet his or her needs.
* Consistency, clearly defined limits and expectations to develop self-discipline.
What Parents Can Expect:
Our consistent and knowledgeable staff will become your partners in navigating the many developmental changes you will encounter during your child's exciting first year!
Waddlers Room 12 months to 20 months
Toddlers Room 20 months - 2 years 11 months
As your Child develops, our Themed Curriculum Units focus on developing social abilites of waiting and turn taking, language skills for self-expression, fine motor skills necessary learning tasks of feeding and crayon use, gross motor skills for mastering steps and the playground equipment and cognition to understand and explore the world around them. Your Child will experience Circle Time Activities of Finger Play Songs, Flannel Board Stories, and Storytime. Beginning Math Skills of sorting, classifying and counting are fostered through manipulative play. Sensory Play and science are combined allowing your Child to natural discovery and exploration in our stimulating learning centers. Outdoor fun on the playground is experienced in the morning and afternoon, along with relaxing nature walks. On inclement days, we use our "Big Room Hall".
Our Teachers will discuss with you the necessary steps to begin potty training and they will assist you when your Child indicates he or she is ready.
Preschool Program 3-4 Years
Children participate in math, science, literacy, art and language experiences as well as develop self-confidence, independence, and creativity. They learn about the environment and good stewardship through hands-on learning experiences while learning to treat others with kindness and respect.
* Group time: calendar, counting the number of days, days of the week, daily job choices, weather graphing, story time and group sharing.
* Engage in self-help skills of buttoning/zippering, responsiblity for individual items, self-serving at snack and lunch.
* Learning to identify and write their first names, the alphabet and phonic sounds.
* Counting, patterning and graphing math skills.
* Interpersonal communication skills.
* Lots of free-form art work
* Large motor activities such as Yoga Games and Outdoor play.
* Weekly Music and Movement Experiences.