Imaginations at Work..............
Home Made PlayDough
Let the kids enjoy helping you mix the dough while strenghening their fine motor skills - The secret to this Playdough is the Cream of Tartar - it provides a smooth texture without the "crumble", making clean up a breeze.
3 cups flour 3 cups water 1 1/2 cups salt 3 tbs cooking oil 6 tsp cream of tartar food coloring
In a small bowl, mix together flour, salt, and cream of tartar. In a separate bowl, mix water, oil and food coloring. Combine contents of both bowls in a saucepan and cook over low heat until thick. With floured hands (very important) and a floured surface, knead dough while warm. Keeps well for long periods of time in an airtight contianer.
Full recipe, I usually cut it in half and it still makes a lot. Enjoy!
What Makes a Good Toy?
The greatest benefits of a toy are the joy and self esteem that a child experiences when playing with it! A well chosen toy has certain aspects that make it more valuable to a child's growth:
- A toy should be challenging while allowing for success.
- The toy can be used in several different ways.
- A child can power the toy with their own imagination and creative thinking.
- The toy can grow with the child through more than one developmental stage.
- The toy engages the child's interest beyond a few minutes.
- The toy is safe.
- The toy encourages the parents and child to play together!